Pandemic of the Forgotten Virus
A downloadable game
In late 20XX, due to the spread of a mysterious virus, humanity has declined severely.
People are dying left and right and the remnants of humanity are forced to fully lock down themselves in their homes, waiting for extinction.
The rich population of the world built large floating islands in the sky to escape the virus, leaving the less fortunate down below.
After a hundred years, a sudden breakthrough happened, technology to build floating islands became much cheaper and more available to the general public.
Tired of their fate, people started building floating islands left and right without a care of regulations.
People rush to the sky to claim an area as their own, between them the shrine maiden Megu and the witch Kiara.
...But the sky is only so vast...
There are 6 general objectives of the game:
- Shoot down enemies on your screen to prevent them from attacking you and gain points.
- Dodge the bullets flying towards you.
- Undermine your rival by using your ultimate ability which will clear your screen and get more bullets on your rival’s screen.
- Graze the bullets to get extra points.
- Get to a higher altitude when your enemy loses a life. Enemies will get harder, but you will get closer to the goal
- Reach the stratosphere to escape the virus and claim victory.
How to play:
- Player 1 can move around on the screen using W A S D
- Player 2 can move around on the screen using arrow keys
- Player 1 can shoot using J
- Player 2 can shoot using num 2
- Player 1 can use their ability using K
- Player 2 can use their ability using num 3
- Player 1 can focus (slow down movement) using shift
- Player 2 can focus (slow down movement) using right control
- You may navigate the menu and dialogues using left mouse button
- You may pause using escape key
- Megu (夢空) Megu is a shrine maiden that lives in her family shrine. Having heard about the new breakthrough in floating island technology, she set out to make one in order to restore her family shrine back to its former glory a hundred years ago.
- Kiara (輝天空) Kiara is a self proclaimed witch, living at a self established magic shop near Megu’s shrine. When she hears that Megu is planning to build a floating island, she steals the idea and prepares to make one herself.
- Noa (音天) A deranged genius that has lost their mind due to the effects of the virus. Noa was once a scientist that worked to develop the current technology of the floating islands.
- Angers (天使) An ascended human that is part of the group that has left the earth a hundred years ago. Angers is one of the many humans that has developed new power and abilities from living so long in the sky.
Pandemic of the Forgotten Virus is a local multiplayer bullet hell shooter game where 2 players can compete with each other or an AI to try and defeat each other and reach the stratosphere. This game is heavily inspired by both phantasmagoria Touhou games, but the catch is that we are using a neural network for our AI with genetic algorithm unlike conventional means.
The player plays as the shrine maiden Megu or witch Kiara against another player or an AI, hereafter referred as “rival”, with the objective of shooting down enemies while dodging bullets, the player gets points as they defeat enemies which they can exchange to use their ultimate ability to make the game harder for their rival by spawning bullets and other enemies on their screen.
This game is submitted in developed as part of the group project for CSCE604121 - University of Indonesia's Game Development Course 2020/2021.
You can access the source code of this game by clicking here.
|Updated||13 days ago|
|Authors||Eagles, decoff, phazeblaze, racendol|
|Tags||Bullet Hell, Local multiplayer, Touhou|
|License||GNU General Public License v3.0 (GPL)|
|Average session||A few minutes|
|Player count||1 - 2|
Unzip the file, enter the folder, and double click on "PoFV Main Game.exe"
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.